A practical workshop familiarising medical and dental appraisees with their organisation’s Appraisal Procedure and the part the appraisal plays in the GMC/GDC requirements for revalidation.
What does it cover?
The course will be designed around the organisation’s Appraisal Procedure and the GMC/GDC requirements for revalidation. It will cover the following areas:
- The role of the appraiser and appraisee in the process
- The preparation expected of the appraisee before the appraisal.
The Appraisal Interview
- How the paperwork associated with the appraisal process should be completed
- What is acceptable evidence under each section
- How the appraisal interview should be run and their role within it
- The importance of the agreed actions in the appraisal interview
The Personal Development Plan (PDP) and Summary Form
- Using the agreed actions to complete the personal development plan (PDP)
- Setting SMART objectives in the PDP
- Completion of the summary form at the end of the appraisal.
What will I learn?
By the end of the workshop, appraisees will
- Be familiar with the role of both parties within their organisation’s Appraisal Procedure and the part appraisal plays in the revalidation process
- Be clear on how the appraisal paperwork is used and what is relevant evidence under each section
- Understand the importance of providing appropriate agreed actions during the interview
- Be able to complete the personal development plan (PDP) effectively and set SMART objectives.
Course Duration: This half day workshop is delivered by Josie Hastings.
How to book: To learn more about this course or to book a workshop, contact us.