This workshop gives medical and dental appraisers the knowledge and skills to carry out appraisals in line with their Trust’s, Deanery’s or Practice’s Appraisal Procedure and the GMC/GDC requirements for revalidation.
What does it cover?
The course will be designed around the organisation’s Appraisal Procedure and the GMC/GDC requirements for revalidation. It will cover the following areas:
- The role of the appraiser and appraisee in the process
- The preparation required by both parties pre-appraisal.
The Appraisal Interview
- How the paperwork associated with the appraisal procedure should be used
- What is acceptable evidence under each section
- The skills of a competent appraiser
- How to run an effective appraisal interview
- How to encourage appraisees to provide appropriate agreed actions.
The Personal Development Plan (PDP) and Summary Form
- Using the agreed actions to complete the personal development plan (PDP)
- Setting SMART objectives in the PDP
- Filling in the summary form at the end of the appraisal.
What will I learn?
By the end of the workshop, appraisers will:
- Be familiar with the role of both parties within their Appraisal Procedure and the part appraisal plays in the revalidation process
- Be clear on how the appraisal paperwork is used and what is relevant evidence under each section
- Be able to run an effective appraisal interview
- Have explored ways of gaining appropriate agreed actions from the appraisee
- Be able to complete the personal development plan (PDP) effectively and set SMART objectives with the appraisee
- Be able to fill in the summary form effectively.
Course Duration: This one day workshop is delivered by Josie Hastings.
How to book: To learn more about this course or to book a workshop, contact us.