ADHD Awareness Training Online
Did you know…
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common behavioural disorder which is estimated to affect 2-5% of school age children in the UK.
There is increasing evidence to support the association with poorer outcomes (including social and educational exclusion)for those affected.
Misconceptions surrounding ADHD and its medical diagnosis can contribute to poorer quality of life for children, young people and the families concerned.
What does it cover?
Improve your awareness of ADHD by learning how ADHD affects children, young people and their families along with practical strategies for support in various settings including home and school.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Understand ADHD, dispel common myths and misconceptions
- Understand diagnosis and treatment of ADHD (NICE Guidance)
- Identify challenges faced by children and young people with ADHD
- Learn about practical support for children and young people with ADHD
- Understand the impact of ADHD on the family
- Understand about parenting children and young people with ADHD
- Support children and young people in school
- Build better partnerships with parents – guidance for professionals
How to Book
Contact: Carol Weston or ring her on 07581 706 602